mánudagur, október 18, 2010

Empty Box Thoughts

First, I cut a window. You need a window or twenty because you need light and this house doesn't have electricity. Next, a spiral staircase, iron, curls its way up to the bedroom balcony a stone's throw away from Romeo and Juliet. The stairs mean you won't have to throw any stones unless I am asleep, in which case a boulder will suffice. By August the rails will be dressed bottom to top in deep blue and purple Morning Glories. In the back yard there will be a brick oven for baking bread and perhaps a pizza on occasion. This is important: there will be those mugs that look like jam jars in the kitchen. Or simply jam jars. I'm not picky. On the third floor - hardwood - a small room near the back will be home to my cello and a chair and stand I guess. This place will be decorated by dresses on sewing mannequins. Grandma's wedding gown, bought in 50's New York. High school prom in a 1960's party dress that ripped as I leaped.... Literally...
There WILL be a library - books of all sorts - well thumbed (hopefully well read). I can make these using blank paper and a pencil. Mini toothbrushes.. still trying to think that through.
My house will be primary
A pale blue kitchen, red study, yellow and green bedrooms. I will however, try out a golden living room facing southwest because of Terabithia. Boardgames, puzzles, cards of all sorts, everything in an old traveling trunk behind the couch.

4 ummæli:

yui sagði...

I'm looking foward to the next update.

networkace sagði...

nice one..keep it up

Wholesale Gadgets Made In China sagði...

Amazing blog! You really knows the exact words to use. Keep on blogging!

Online Personal Trainer sagði...

Nice blog! Keep it up!